Watermelon Caviar with Feta
- 1 ½ cups watermelon chunks
- 1 teaspoon Cir
- 2 teaspoons Kel
- 4 cups water
- Feta cheese
- Dried chili threads (optional)
- Blend the watermelon and strain to obtain 1 cup of watermelon juice.
- Use a hand blender to blend the Cir with 1 cup of watermelon juice thoroughly, at least 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, blend the Kel with 4 cups of water thoroughly, at least 2 minutes.
- Let both mixtures rest for 30 minutes before transferring the Cir mixture to a squeeze bottle.
- Squeeze drops from a height of about 2cm (1 inch) into the Kel mixture. The spheres will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the exterior will gel as they do. Let the “caviar” rest for a moment before straining from the Kel bath and squeezing more in.
- Place watermelon caviar onto cubes of feta cheese and top with dried chili threads. Serve immediately to ensure the centres of the spheres remain liquid.