Mango & Vanilla Spheres
- 1 cup mango chunks
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract or ground vanilla bean
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Kel
- 2 ½ teaspoons Cir
- 4 cups water (distilled is best)
- Purée the mango chunks with ½ cup water and strain through a cheesecloth or fine sieve to obtain ⅔ cup juice. Add the vanilla extract or ground vanilla bean.
- Use a hand blender to blend 1 ¼ teaspoons of Kel with ⅔ cup of the juice thoroughly, at least 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, blend 2 ½ teaspoons of Cir with 4 cups of water thoroughly, at least 2 minutes.
- Let both mixtures rest for 30 minutes.
- Using a roughly hemispherical tablespoon, gently drop 1 spoonful of the Kel mixture into the Cir solution. The spheres will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the exterior will gel as they do. Let the “ravioli” rest in the bath for 3 minutes, stirring the bath occasionally, before removing from the Cir bath and dropping more in. Spheres will retain their liquid centre for many hours.