Balsamic Pearl Stuffed Cucumber
- Vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ teaspoons Kanten
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- English cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise on a mandolin
- Mini Bocconcini cheese
- Fill a tall glass with vegetable oil and place in the freezer to chill for 1 hour before starting.
- Whisk 1 ¾ teaspoons of Kanten together with ½ cup balsamic vinegar in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer for 4 minutes over medium-heat, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a squeeze bottle.
- Squeeze drops from a height of about 2cm (1 inch) into the cold oil. The spheres will sink to the bottom of the glass and gel as they do. Once the squeeze bottle is empty, strain the “pearls” and rinse in cold water.
- Wrap a piece of English cucumber around a piece of cheese and fill with balsamic vinegar pearls.