Tomato Soup with Parmesan Air
For the roasted tomato soup:
- 5 tomatoes, halved
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 thyme sprig
- ¼ cup basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups chicken stock, simmering
- Pinch pepper and salt
For the garnish:
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes on the vine
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Pinch nutmeg, pepper, and salt
- 1 teaspoon Bubblo
Prepare the roasted tomato soup:
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with thyme, basil, and sugar. Bake at 220°C (425°F) until caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the baked vegetables into a large saucepan and purée with a hand blender, ladling in hot stock as needed to thin the soup.
Prepare the garnish:
- Lightly sauté the tomatoes on the vine and use them to garnish bowls of soup.
- Bring the cream, milk, cheese, nutmeg, pepper, and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk until the cheese has dissolved.
- Strain into a medium-sized bowl and add in 1 teaspoon Bubblo.
- Use a hand blender to whip in bubbles. Hold the blender at an angle near the surface.
- Wait a moment for the bubbles to stabilize before collecting them with a spoon and garnishing the soup. Serve immediately.
- Reblend to make more bubbles.