Peach Melba with Coconut Powder
For the raspberry coulis:
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the coconut powder:
- ½ cup Arida
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Canned peaches
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mint (optional)
Prepare the raspberry coulis:
- Bring the raspberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat for about 7 minutes.
- Strain the raspberry coulis through a sieve to remove seeds. Let cool.
Prepare the coconut powder:
- For best results, grind ½ cup of Arida with ½ tablespoon of coconut oil in a food processor. Alternatively, whisk both ingredients together in a large bowl.
- If desired, add in icing sugar to taste.
- Sift before serving to create a finer powder, or serve as-is.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on a plate or in a glass and top with peaches and raspberry coulis. Sprinkle powdered coconut on top, and garnish with mint if using.