Exploding Blueberry Juice Caviar
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Cir
- 2 teaspoons Kel
- 4 cups water
- Combine the blueberries, ½ cup water, and ¼ cup sugar in a medium saucepan. Over low heat, bring to a simmer.
- Cool, and then strain through a cheesecloth or fine sieve to extract all juice. Add ⅓ cup water.
- Use a hand blender to blend the Cir with 1 cup of the blueberry juice, at least 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, blend the Kel with 4 cups of water thoroughly, at least 2 minutes.
- Let both mixtures rest for 30 minutes before transferring the Cir mixture to a squeeze bottle.
- Squeeze drops from a height of about 2cm (1 inch) into the Kel mixture. The spheres will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the exterior will gel as they do. Let the “caviar” rest for a moment before straining from the Kel bath and squeezing more in. Serve immediately to ensure the centres of the spheres remain liquid.